Scheduled NSA Events
- Sundance Grill II • 800 Mariners Drive • (Watergate Harbor) off FM 2094
- Choice of entrees • Chicken • Salmon • Pork
- Salad, side and non-alcoholic drink
- Monday. Dec. 9th
- 6 pm-10 pm
- Make your reservation before Dec. 1
- Send your check for $21 per ticket made out to NSA
- P.O Box 1885, Dickinson, TX 77539
- For more information call 832-752-3280
- 2nd MONDAY. CLEAR LAKE PARK lake-side building
- 7:00 Business Meeting then Refreshments Break followed by the Program
- Clear Lake Park is on NASA Parkway east of Johnson Space Center and the Hilton
- The building is on the lake side of the park at the entrance with the traffic light
- For GPS and Mapquest, etc. the address is 5001 NASA Parkway, Seabrook 77586
Announced Monthly Meeting Programs:
- January 14 – Award wining artist Nellie Kress – “WATERCOLOR DEMO”
- February 11 – Gabrielle McNeese- “WOODWORKING”
- March 11 – Tim Vanya- “DRAWING/PAINTING”
- April 8 – Shirley Leago-”OIL, TROPICAL LANDSCAPES with unique techniques that the artist created“
- May 13 – June Dudley Nationally know artist-”LANDSCAPE DEMO ACRYLICS ON CANVAS”
- June 10- Jerry’s Artarama
- July 8 - Edwin Sorigno – non-brush acrylic painting
- August 12- Doug Hiser – pen & ink with watercolor
- September 9 - Sharis owner of Affair de Art- gallery
- October 14 - Jared Paul Wilson – Colored Pencil
- November 11 - Fontaine Jacobs – Photographing your Artwork for your Portfolio, Promotion, and the Web.
- December 16 – TBD
Oct 2013 Meeting Highlights
- Ada has renewed our contract with the county for our meeting room.
- The Spring Show is slated for April 4-5 at the East Region Community Center in League City off of Hwy 96.
- Ada asked for help organizing refreshments for meetings. Gay Paratore, Stella Stelly, and Kelly Halbach volunteered to help.
- Plans are underway for the Christmas Party. Susan Pinkerton checked on the Sundance Grill and the Marriott, and Barbara Trust on the Haak Winery. Ada called for a vote. After some discussion, the members chose the Sundance Grill. The date will be the usual meeting day and time: the 2nd Monday in December.
- Gay Paratore has a copy of our by-laws and will bring them to the next meeting.
- Ada announced a NSA-sponsored workshop by Jared Wilson at the 2nd Street Gallery on November 9. The colored-pencil workshop will cost $85 for the day.
- Upon the resignation of our past president, Dick Carter, our previous Vice-President, Ada Martin, moved into the office of President. Now we need a Vice-President to fill the remainder of the term. As per our by-laws, the current President, Ada Martin, may appoint a member to fill the vacancy. Ada announced Susan Pinkerton as her choice for VP. Our board is now comprised of:
- Ada Martin-President
- Susan Pinkerton-Vice President
- Loyd Fannin – Treasurer
- Gay Sava – Secretary
- NSA has a page on the LSAG website.
- LSAG Show will be July 18-19 at Woodlands Waterway.
- Nita Butler’s Creative Artisans Art Show will be at Walter Hall Park, Nov. 4-6.
- Gift Show, Feliz Navidad, at Lakewood Yacht Club, Nov. 15.
- Art Show at Pearland Art Center, Oct. 26.
- Galveston Artoberfest (Oct. 19-20), as well as Oktoberfest…and others this month.
- Gay Paratore achieved signature membership in the National Watercolor Society.
Contact NSA : P.O Box 1885, Dickinson, TX 77539